The Quilting Studio & Fabric Mercantile
To you, our valued customers and friends, we love offering you classes. The following policies have been
designed with your best interest in mind. We want you and the other attendants to get the most out of your
class experience. That includes having fun, expanding your knowledge base, and leaving with a sense of
comradery felt by the spirit of friendship and community encouraged by our instructors.
- To Register for a class, come into the shop or call and sign-up 48 hours before class starts. Payment to specific instructor required at time of sign-up.
- If you have questions that are not answered in the class descriptions, please contact specific instructor
listed via email provided.
- Class fees are paid directly to instructor - the day of class, unless it is a class taught by The Quilting Studio. Class fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another class. In the event of insufficient enrollment, you will receive a complete refund.
- Classes generally run $10.00/hour, however, outside instructors have the option to charge according to their own policies. The Quilting Studio & Fabric Mercantile's Beginners University & Advanced Beginners Classes are six week classes.
- "Classes" are not considered Open Sew Time. Open Sew Time is Free on any given day and once a class is over - student may continue as Open Sew Time free.
- At time of registration, you will receive a complete supply list. The cost of supplies is not included in the class fee, unless otherwise noted. It is strongly suggested that you purchase your class supplies at The Quilting Studio & Fabric Mercantile to insure you have the proper items.
- As a courtesy to all, please no children or guests in class without pre-authorized consent of
management. Also, please silence cell phones or set to vibrate.
- Be prepared. If a machine is required, make sure it is in good working order and you are comfortable
using it. Don’t forget plug-in, foot pedal, loaded bobbins, and extra needles. If you need to rent one, let
us know and we will have one reserved for you. Make sure all personal supplies are marked.
- Be on time. Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before class to set up and meet everyone.
*Cancellation Policy given to students: If you need to cancel your spot in a class, please do so at least 7 days in advance and we will
issue you a store credit. If you cancel less than 7 days in advance of the class, you forfeit your class fee. If a class hasn’t met a
minimum of 2 students, The Quilting Studio & Fabric Mercantile reserves the right to cancel 72 hours ahead in order to let our
teachers adjust their schedules accordingly, and a refund will be issued. There are NO refunds or store credit given at any time for
classes with out-of-town instructors or special guest instructors. Your seat may be transferred to a friend if you cannot attend.